Russell Sage Studio based in Belgravia in London is an Interior Design firm that prides itself on its’ passion and commitment, creating highly individual schemes, rich in character and full of exquisite detail. For each, and every project, we are there to tell a unique story working seamlessly to execute a beautifully delivered space.
We have an exciting new opportunity within the team at Russell Sage Studio. We are looking for a capable, friendly, self-motivated and enthusiastic Junior Designer, willing to learn. You need to be proficient in Vectorworks and Adobe Creative Suite. Initial contract is for up to a 12 month period, with the potential to be extended for the right candidate.
• Educated to degree level in Interior Design or equivalent
• A strong Knowledge of the Interior Design Industry
• Self-motivated with a keenness for self-initiated development
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties would include:
• To support Middleweight and Senior members of staff
• Assist in presentation of design concepts
• Create work using Vectorworks, Adobe Packages, Microsoft Office
• Offer input to creative meetings and promote sharing of ideas where appropriate
• Liaise with clients and team members
• Work to tight deadline
• Contribute to design concepts, design development and materials
• Contribute to client presentations
• Sourcing images and samples for use in pitches
• Assist the FF&E designers in sourcing materials, furnishings & fittings, in keeping within the client brief, RSS style & industry requirements and regulations
• Help maintain realistic project timeline
• Coordinate information between design and FF&E team.
• Take an active role in all stages of design projects
• Assisting with Administration tasks, and answering the phone queries
• Meet with Suppliers & source new finishes
• Assisting with the sample room library making sure it’s in good order
• To support the Design Team with any drawing and design development
• Be willing and prepared to help get involved with any other ad hoc tasks/duties
• Good Commonsense Approach
• Good Time Management Skills
• Showing Initiative and Strong Independent Working Ability
• Excellent Approach to Teamwork
• Calm under pressure situations and deadlines.
• Willingness to learn and gain studio experience
• Possesses keen eye for detail and passion for design
• Excellent Communication and numerical skills
• Highly motivated, energetic and enthusiastic
• Excellent Listening skills
• Proven Strong Microsoft office skills (mac).
• Proven Experience with adobe creative suite.
• Strong written and verbal skills.
• Proven Vectorworks Skills
Hours of work:
• Monday to Thursday 9am-6pm. Friday 9am-5pm with some flexibility